Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family Secrets.

Every family has a secret.
The secrets the older ones know & keep from the younger ones from finding out.



I haven't been sleeping very well or thinking very well either. I've been trying to keep my mind busy with things that are positive. I feel like I'm having some kind of emotional relapse and it's really not a good deal.

Nearly 70% of all reported sexual assaults (including assaults on adults) occur to children ages 17 and under.

30-40% of victims are abused by a family member.

I don't understand why it's fair to me or anyone else for myself to be locked inside my head, afraid that one day that someone I love is going to be hurt like I was because I can't tell. I was the one shut out- I was the one abused- I was the one that had my childhood stole from me- but it's not my place to speak? 

Have you told your sons, your daughters, your brothers & your sisters about predators? Are you keeping them safe?

Nearly 50% of all victims of forcible sodomy, sexual assault with an object, and forcible fondling are children under 12.
An estimated 60% of teen first pregnancies are preceded by experiences of molestation, rape, or attempted rape. The average age of their offenders is 27 years.

I was wondering, are these statistics you want to mess with? ARE THESE STATISTICS THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP A SECRET?

Nearly 70% of child sex offenders have between 1 and 9 victims; at least 20% have 10 to 40 victims. (23)An average serial child molester may have as many as 400 victims in his lifetime.  http://www.darkness2light.org/knowabout/statistics_2.asp



You tell me to keep quiet?
Continue to help the offenders offend.

 

1 comment:

  1. BRAVO!!! *Bows with hat off to you* YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER KEPT YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! IT'S HORRIBLE WHEN IT HAPPENS....AND EVEN MORE-SO WHEN IT'S A PERSON CLOSE TO YOU!!! PREACH THIS WORD NIKKI!! SPREAD IT OUT SO FAR AND WIDE.....AND MAKE OTHERS---MEN, WOMEN, BOYS, AND GIRLS ALIKE UNDERSTAND THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO STAY QUITE!!!! I'M SORRY FOR YOUR PAIN....BUT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS!!! THERE WAS A REASON IT HAPPENED. THIS WAS THAT REASON!! TO SPEAK OUT FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T OR DON'T HAVE THE STRENGTH!!!!! SO SHOUT IT OUT AS L O U D AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND !!DON'T!! BE AFRAID TO SAY WHAT NEEDS SAID!! KUDO'S

    DANIEL JACOBSON

    ReplyDelete