Saturday, October 30, 2010

Do not conform!

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."-John Lennon



Totally on a roll today with my thoughts & I didn't expect to think this much and want to write this much. 

Today while we were out getting a few last minute things before tomorrow and some lunch I look at all of the people around me. There are some people that are truly just weird, there are so many people that are just the same.

I live in Knoxville, Illinois. The land of snobby Mothers and their cliques. It's like high school all over again, it seems, with some of these women. I realize that it's not just in Knoxville, but it is so much worse here that it is say in Galesburg. I always had friends in my short life at school, I was friends with everyone. Very rarely did I not like anyone-they usually just didn't like me because I wasn't going to conform to their cookie cutter persona. But here I simply can not make friends with almost any of these women. You walk up to the school to pick up your child and you have your group of what I like to call the "plastic Moms of Kville." I really feel like they are pretty much critiquing everything you have on, every word you say within their ear shot, anything really.

I like my t-shirts and my dyed hair, I give my kids kool-aid (haha, that was a huge deal the other day I realized with some of the Moms for the Halloween parties...Which doesn't make sense to me..Halloween is supposed to be about the sugar!) I wont conform to what the "perfect" mom is...Lets face it, no matter how much one tries to say that they never scream, never get pissed off, never give their kids sugar and their homes are always in tip top shape!............ Probably is a robot. 

Of course I'm only kidding, I think. 

I'm always going to be that Mom that wants her kids to do extra curricular activities (see previous blogs for reference) I'm always going to be involved in school life, what they are doing, how they are doing, so on and so forth...But I will not conform. I am fine being that outcast. I don't have to lie to myself everyday and pretend that I am perfect or even that they are perfect....I like the way I am...Just wish you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment