Monday, October 18, 2010

I think I will just be sappy today.

"True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness."

 I don't have a perfect relationship. In fact, I don't know anyone who is in a perfect relationship. In the beginning when you're in that first phase everything seems perfect at that given time, sure. But as things get more serious more issues arise and it's all a matter of how things are dealt with.

My husband & I came from pretty wrecked relationships. We were with the other for 10 & 6 years (roughly) and it makes you wonder if everything was so terrible why did we keep going as long as we did? Without trying to air too much out, anyone who is probably reading this knows exactly why each others relationships ended, both on bad notes...(does a marriage ever end on a good one though?)

Anyway, in comparison to how things are with each other are so much different. John & I barely ever fight...In fact when we do fight we usually end it on someone smiling because one of us has just realized we're fighting over nothing. J & I both have agreed if (God forbid) anything ever went terribly wrong that we would do anything in our powers to make sure that we did everything that we could to make things work....Which is what the other relationships lacked. Effort.

In every marriage it takes some little effort & it takes some a lot of effort. We are lucky that thus far our relationship/marriage hasn't taken much effort to keep each other happy. We have quite a lot in common & even if we don't agree on certain things we always seem to come to some kind of agreement. I feel so lucky to have such a reasonable husband as I do. I can talk to him about anything and everything and he can talk to me about anything and everything. We still can talk on the phone constantly when he is out on a job...(via text) about pretty much everything. Our love life is splendid & always has been....As far as the children go we love all of them with all of our hearts and would give anything for them (as we do).

I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment