Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It's been such a long time..............

Wow, it's been such a long time since I've written a blog! I wish I could write more but I just do not have the time anymore!

So, since I've written a lot has been going on. We are ending the school year and also starting baseball season. Jay and I have signed 5 of the 6 up for baseball. It's been pretty time consuming, but fun so far!

This is Dylan's first year of t-ball and he's doing very well. I told my husband that I could quite possibly be his biggest fan. He will be finishing up his first year of pre-k and I really cannot even begin to tell you how overwhelming that is. I went from rocking this little butterball 9 month old to sleep, to tucking this big boy in that is excited for his next ball game.

Miley, Aiden, & Joseph are in coach pitch this year and this is a little bit harder for them. I'm very excited to see what they will accomplish.

As far as Alexander's team goes, they're 100% BETTER this year than they were last year. We don't have the same team as we did last year, but we do have a lot of the same players. This year they've won 2 out of the 3 games played.

Anyway, now that I've updated you all on their sports I have to make a special part of my blog deticated to my twins, Aiden and Miley.

Tomorrow my babies will be turning six years old. I find it so hard to wrap my mind around it because it seems like just yesterday I was getting my ultrasound finding out that I am having not one baby, but TWO babies. I was quite young when I had found out I was pregnant with them, but I also was married and ready to complete the family I had always wanted. I remember laying on the bed and seeing one sack with a bean in it..........then her moving the wand around (the vaginal wand, since it was 9 weeks when i found out) and seeing a second sack (or so I thought!) and asking..........."there's only one, right?!" I remember feeling the anxiety when she told me that there's two in there and wondering how the hell I was going to manage....I told the woman "I'm going to live in a box! I can't afford this!" But, I always seemed to be able to take care of my babies no matter the circumstances.

I can sit here and remember the sleepless nights where I was 18 years old taking care of a 3 year old and twin newborns all by myself. My marriage was quickly falling into the dark place and I would go days without sleep. Patrick did always work but if he wasn't working he was never home. I did have help during the day sometimes, from my sister or my sister in law (at the time) but most times it was just me and my children. I thank God for the strength he gave me to be able to care for my children the way the needed to be cared for. Sometimes I DO wish that I would have taken care of things better, but I have to remember that I really did the best I could and I cannot turn back time.







Well, that's all for now...


xoxoxox

Nikki





No comments:

Post a Comment