Monday, January 30, 2012

Usually I have the Monday blues but today was an exception. I thought it was going to be a rough day for sure when we woke up 45 minutes later than usual. That only left us with approx. 30 minutes to get six kids and ourselves ready before we were off to school and work. It was quite interesting but I am happy to say we accomplished without any problems.
Things have been going so smoothly lately around here it's almost a little unnerving. This past weekend with the children was peaceful. We dubbed Saturday nights family fun nights. The kids were looking so forward to it on Friday and early morning Saturday. I think that it is wonderful that the children are wanting to spend more time with us as parents. It's especially important in this day and age to spend more time as a family. We eat as a family, we watch movies as a family, and now we will be having our fun night to ensure we get a good amount of fun time with our children. Afterall, they are not going to be this little forever. They are going to become teenagers and Mom and Dad wont be cool anymore to hang out with. They will have their own friends and their own problems to focus on. I pretty much can wait for that day to happen.

I have been reflecting so much lately on how much the kids have changed. The kids are forming their personalities more and more every day. It's so hilarious to watch it. Gavin has started to throw quite the temper tantrums which I am sure will become worse (*cross fingers* hope not) as he gets older. I can blame it on my husband (haha) because I remember another little boy that used to throw awful tantrums (and sometimes still does) and that would be Mr. Joseph. Roy! Dylan will be 3 soon, Gavin 1, Alex 8, Joey just turned 5 and the twins will also be turning 5 this summer.

Dylans progress with things has become so amazing. John and I work with him every day on his speech (he talks better than most even 3 year olds I've seen) and his colors, numbers, so on and so forth.

Joey has started to read things. John and I have been working VERY hard with him on that as well for the past couple of months. Today he read "no parking" at the school today and I was so proud. He did it all on his own. I think that he is going to be another bookworm like Alexander, which is awesome.

Alexander scored high on his reading test in school. He scored extremely above average and of course I was all boasting about it. He got straight A's on his report card & so this weekend J is taking him to the monster trucks which I hope they have good bonding time with.

Aidens speech teacher is very impressed with Aidens improvement on speech. He loves doing his "spelling words" (speech words) at home with me and I love doing it with him. We will on occasion have a conversation where he will slip up and say "no" instead of "snow" but his "s" is doing impressively better.

Last but not least, Miley Mae. Miss Miley Mae is wanting to be a big girl and do a lot of big girl things. She is always up my butt and fighting for a position with me since Dylan and Gavin are constantly on my lap or following me around. We have been doing a lot of "girly" time lately. So I am hoping that helps her feel more important. It must be hard living in a house full of boys.


Well---I am rambling on now and I need to go get some laundry done. I hope everyone has a fantastic week and thank you for reading


Mrs. Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment