Saturday, January 21, 2012

My goodness it's been such a long time!

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted a blog in quite awhile. I really have not had much to talk about lately. But there are a lot of changes going on around here that I am very happy to report!

First of all, Christmas went well. The kids were more than happy with their gifts as was I. It was a great holiday week spending time with family and friends.

So we have a new member of our family! We adopted him last week. His name Is Jester & he is 3 years old. John and I had entertained the idea of getting a dog for awhile. After the fiasco with our cat I was very reluctant. But after talking, J told me that we should just go for one breed of dog (that being a Labrador) and I concurred. So we went to the human society and looked at all of the dogs.

I was amazed at the amount of terriers they have. It made me quite sad. I am not a pit bull fan at all & I think that you have to have an acquired love for dogs such as that. Their was a black Labrador there that we were almost certain we were going to get. He was a little hyper because he was a puppy still so I was slightly nervous..He also was not potty trained. The woman told me that she would show me Jester but they currently were not looking to have him adopted because an accident happened because of a dumb ass volunteer. The dog had been attacked my other dogs and had sever wounds on his legs and throat from pit bulls. However, he had been doing better!

So in my experience of picking out our perfect family dog....Jester stole our hearts. I actually cried being the big sap that I am. I had never see a dog hug a human being before but he did. He hugged J and I cried and we knew that he belonged in our home!


Overall he is a good dog. We got his history in the mail yesterday, poor baby has had his name changed. He goes by "buddy" and he also goes by "Jester" he had been in the humane society of fulton county before which broke my heart. He had been given up not once but TWICE. Poor baby. We won't give up on him!

In other news...Things that are going around here are:

LEARNING TABLE MANNERS!

I can not express how tired I am of hearing about farts, buttholes, balls, and weenies. I am tired of the kids getting up, running around, throwing food, just acting like pure neanderthals. Not a big fan. So we have recently enforced a rule, if you get up, you go to bed. If you do not ask to be excused, you go to bed. You will eat dinner alone. It came to that extreme because the children decided our rules did not matter anyway and they would continue to be disrespectful at the dinner table. Here we are going into week two? of enforcement of table manners and the children are asking to be excused, if they want more they say "more PLEASE" and THANK YOU and they also throw away their extra food into the garbage and put their OWN dishes in the sink. I call this a victory! The butthole and fart talk isn't as bad but hopefully it will quit soon....I have noticed dinner tastes so much better when you don't have to hear about poop, too. (haha!)

Well it's about time for me to sign out. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


xxxx

Mrs. Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment