Saturday, June 18, 2011

John.

I have been sitting here for about 20 minutes trying to figure out what I was going to write about my Husband. I have so many thoughts going through my head, and I have already written a few things about us in previous blogs so I do not want to sound repetitive.I just really want my blog to be the "perfect" Fathers Day blog. But as I sat here and thought more and more about what I felt I needed to write, I just figured that I would jot down all of the things that pop into my head.

To my wonderful Husband, John:

I will never forget the first day I had my eyes opened to what kind of man & Father you really were. It was Joey's 3rd birthday (2009) and you & I had just started to speak to each other and become friends. I know... I know....you and I had known each other since 2007 but I never really got to know you. I never got to have an opinion of my own about you. So anyway, when you had spent all of your money on Joeys birthday present [a Lightening McQueen Car that Joseph could ride in] and when he opened it and he had the most priceless and exciting reaction ever...You had tears and your eyes and your smile could have probably lit up the room. At that very moment I knew that you were one of the most best, proud, Dads ever. At that very moment I had regretted any comments and hurtful things I had ever said to you. I knew that I was wrong and I knew everyone else who said anything terrible about you was wrong as well.

Another moment that I had realized that you were amazing, is when you opened up your pocket to help me with my children. I had not a dime when I had left Patrick & I had no way of getting diapers or anything of the sorts. You would not take no for an answer and you told me that you would help me take care of my babies the best that you could. These children were not even close to being your responsibility and I knew that you had your own two children living with you that you had to support, I could not believe that you would even consider.

As these almost two years are up that we have been together, you have shown me in so many other ways what kind of man you are. You put the children before yourself and that is something I admire. You have always opened yourself up to suggestion when it comes to taking care of them, to know what to do, to be the best you can be. You have worked hard to become a better person and Father & you have succeeded in doing so. There are no more favorites in this home, you do not treat anyone any better than the other. You treat everyone equally as it should be.

Thank you so much. For not only trying to be better but BEING better. For never being selfish. For always being so loving. For tucking the children at night with me. For never making me do anything alone. Just thank you for being you, my husband, one of the best men I have ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment