Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things are just swell...

Everything seems to be falling right into place. Our back room is finally done, thank God, we still have trim to put up and that is about it. That will cost a little less than $100.00 so that makes me super happy. Christmas shopping is almost done & today we found out when we are going to welcome our last child into the world!


I went to the doctor today and I have gained 2 lbs so far into this pregnancy. It's about time, really, because I have been sick the whole entire journey and I would like to think at 29 weeks my sickness would subside and I would be able to be healthy. Other than that she didn't really give me any good information. She pretty much reamed into me because I haven't had the flu shot yet. Honestly, I don't feel like pumping my body with a bunch of toxins that have been known to kill people so I don't think I will be receiving the flu shot. I had asked her when I was going to see Doctor Piper again and she had informed me that I wouldn't be having Dr. Piper this surgery that I would be having the new doctor, doctor Baum. If anyone has any information on this Dr. Baum that would be amazing. I haven't even met her yet! She is going to be delivering my baby in 9 weeks and 6 days. Luckily, I have started going to the Dr. twice a month now so I will be meeting her on the 23rd. I have a lot of questions to ask her!

A dilemma we faced today was the due date. They scheduled it without even asking me what *I* wanted. Alexanders birthday is on February 17th and they scheduled my delivery for the 16th.My actual due date is February 23, 2011. I really wanted to deliver the baby on February 9th, as it has a sentimental value for J and his family. J's Grandpa always said he had wanted to have a Grandchild on his birthday. Although he has passed some time ago, he is still alive in the families hearts, and not a day goes by that I don't hear all the magnificent stories of this man that I will never be able to met. Anyway, the Dr.'s will not let me have the baby 2 weeks early and I have to be stuck with the 16th as a date. I was afraid that Alexander would be very upset that he would probably have to share a birthday party with Gavin when the time comes, but the only thing he was really bummed out about was that I would be in the hospital on his birthday. So, I decided that if Alex wanted to, he could come up to the hospital and do something there. He thought that was an awesome idea so that is probably what we are going to do. A week before that I think we will have a birthday bash for Alexander. So it's not so bad, I don't think.



That's all to report I think! Thanks for reading. I get a lot of hits on my profile each day so please do not make yourself a stranger.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard some great things about the new Dr. I hear that she is pretty nice, but very straight forward. Although, judging on my conversations with her and her staff you may be able to talk to them about changing the date if you still want to. I would wait for the second time you see her. I hope you like her. I am super excited to have Gavin coming soon.

    ReplyDelete